Flinders CareerHub is an online system used by the Careers & Employability to advertise degree related, part time and graduate employment, vacation, volunteer or work placement opportunities and events to students, graduates and staff of the University.
Use of this CareerHub platform is subject to the Flinders University IT Acceptable Use Policy and CareerHub’s terms and conditions. CareerHub is an external provider who will be hosting any information you provide on external servers, and whilst the University has taken steps to ensure CareerHub protects your personal information, the University accepts no liability for any information you disclose through use of this service.
Advertising vacancies with Flinders Careers and Employability
- Flinders Careers and Employability will make every effort to assist employers locate suitable student and graduate employees by advertising their vacancies.
- There is no charge for advertising employment positions on Flinders CareerHub.
- We reserve the right to reject or withdraw any advertisement without giving reason and to alter any aspect of advertisements approved for publishing.
- We reserve the right to refuse any person or organisation use of this service.
- We will not advertise positions that that fall into the following categories:
- unpaid work (as per the Fair Work Act 2009)
- independent contracting arrangements
- working in private homes
- employment that is commission only
- employment involving any unpaid trial period or training, except where Federal or State award makes allowances for such arrangement
- any work that that requires the purchase of a vehicle, telephone, product or other service
- any advertised position we deem to be of an inappropriate nature
- any work where cost incurred by applicants is not clearly outlined in the body of the job advertisement
- All advertisements placed with the Flinders Careers and Employability must comply with the Fair Work Act 2009; the Age Discrimination Act 2004; the Disability Discrimination Act 1992; the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Act 19866; the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 and the Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Flinders Careers and Employability does not enter into contract details between employers and employees.
- We will make every effort to publish advertisements in the shortest possible time. Advertisements requiring publication on Fridays should be received before 3pm (ACST) on Friday at the latest.
Flinders Careers and Employability requires the following information:
- The name of the organisation and their ABN where applicable.
- The name of a contact person.
- The address, email and phone number of the organisation, individual or contact person.
- A detailed description of the work being offered to ensure we refer suitable candidates.
- An appropriate rate of pay, or reference to a relevant award or job classification (part-time, casual and contract advertisements only).
Use of information you supply
The information you supply us will assist us to:
- Maintain up to date information about your organisation
- Alert you to other services to facilitate your recruitment and engagement opportunities with our students
- Send career related/employment notices
- Undertake labour market research
- Provide to other areas of Flinders University to raise your on campus profile
- Promote or invite you to employment related events and activities happening at Flinders